Day 1..... Saturday, May 30, 2009

First I have to give credit for the photo at the top of the page. A group from Britian shipped their Austin Healeys over and then drove Route 66. Click here for their amazing journey.

Blountsville, AL to Louisville, KY

Nothing much to report on this first day of many on the road. Got a late start but that's nothing new. It just wouldn't be right if I actually left on time!

We were in 4 states but didn't cover a lot of ground. My intentions were to make a stop at Abraham Lincoln's log cabin/birthplace in Kentucky but due to my perpetual lateness we had to put it off until another time.

A stop at Wendy's, a stop at a rest area, and a stop at Kentucky Fried Chicken were the highlights of the day. One wreck and 2 close calls that we saw were the lowlights. Weatherwise it was perfect. Click
here to see the photo worthy moments of the day. On the western side of the eastern time zone and there's still daylight at 9:30 pm!

Today's miles: 346.6
Route 66 miles: 0
Total miles: 346.6

2 comments:

  1. Becky, where are you? I was expecting a whole bunch of posts by now. I hope you are ok.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case anyone is concerned, and I'm sure you all are, Becky has been running behind in her schedule, plus has been having trouble getting connected so that she can post more pictures and info about her great trip. But rest assured, she is ok and will post when she gets things straightened out. I spoke to her yesterday and she was heading into Oklahoma and spent the night in Tulsa.

    ReplyDelete